Meaningful Monitoring™ is a proprietary customized process designed to ensure that grants monitoring has a meaningful impact on operations and program outcomes. It incorporates traditional compliance monitoring while aligning tested standards to the goals of the organization.
1. It passes the Auditor Sniff Test.
Meaningful Monitoring™ complies with federal laws and regulations. That's a baseline.
2. It permits leaders to focus more on goals than compliance.
Aligning what is measured to organizational vision permits leaders to focus more on goals than compliance.
3. It efficiently uses monitoring resources.
Meaningful Monitoring™ adopts strategies to relieve burden on high-performing grantees and intensively review high-risk grantees.
4. It drives relevant and practical systemic reforms.
Meaningful Monitoring™ digs into root causes of non-performance, providing frontlines feedback that drives relevant and practical reforms.
5. It teaches grantees the rules.
By citing legal standards for each finding of non-compliance, it teaches grantees the requirements that govern their programs.
6. It creates meaningful technical assistance.
Meaningful Monitoring™ identifies system-wide trends of non-compliance that inform technical assistance to grantees.
7. It supports, not punishes, grantee organizations.
Except for cases of fraud, Meaningful Monitoring™ is not punitive and collaborates with grantees to resolve areas of non- compliance.
8. It efficiently identifies fraud, waste, and abuse.
By asking better questions, Meaningful Monitoring™ elicits information about fraud, waste, and abuse.
9. It leverages greatness.
By documenting and showcasing best practices, Meaningful Monitoring™ leads to replicated success.